KNEELING CHAIR STRETCH
Start with a stretching exercise to open up the pectoral region, the chest, the abdominal region as well as the biceps. This exercise helps avoid the rounding of the shoulders and promotes sufficient blood flow through the torso.
- Kneel down on the floor with a chair behind you with its legs parallel to your knees.
- Hold on with both hands to the legs of the chair as you bring your pelvis forward and your forehead back.
- Hold this position for the following 20 to 30 seconds and release. Do this twice a day or whenever you feel your upper back tightening up.
SHOULDER CIRCULAR EXERCISE
This exercise strengthens the muscles between your shoulder blades (rhomboids). These muscles pull your shoulder blades together giving you an open chest and a straight upper back.
- Stand up straight with your chest out and belly button pulled back. Spread your arms horizontally as if your leaning on a wall behind you.
- Rotate your hand 3 times parallel to your body while keeping your arms straight.
- Move your arms back at about 15º, rotate 3 times while keeping your arms straight. Then move your arms as far as you can reach and rotate 3 times and repeat.
Want to use this infographic on your site?